In general, in real estate, there is a lot of weird and dirty tricks being deployed to come out on top. This happened recently to our fellow agents.
- Agent A and Agent B co-broking on an RM 530k apartment
- Agent B brought a potential buyer for viewing
- Buyer came but insist on bringing the girlfriend for a second viewing
- Both came a week later and was satisfied with the unit but needed to renovate the unit extensively. The buyer said he needs to get his contractor relative to do a site visit to estimate the cost.
- This happens the following week. However, Agent A couldn’t make it (it was a weekend and with things to follow up) and told Agent B to take care of it during the visit and try to close the deal.
- Buyer finally decides to make an offer and both him and the owner came to an agreeable price.
- However, while waiting for the buyer to come out with a cheque (earnest deposit), the owner called up Agent A and told him that a lady agent by the name of C****tine from M****City called him and says she will drop by to hand over the cheque for the purchase.
- Agent A was dumbfounded. Nevertheless, still get the owner to entertain the lady and see if this was indeed true as he nor Agent B could make it to the unit.
- The owner called back not long after saying this offer and cheque came from the same buyer Agent A and Agent B is working on.
- Both the agents tried calling the buyer and the lady agent to confirm the whole fiasco.
- As expected, none picked up their calls.
- Moments later, the buyer texted both agents and mentioned that he has not made up his mind buying the unit.
- Agent A felt something amiss and did a search on the lady agent. Her name, number and face popped up in one of the property portals.
- He sent the pic to Agent B.
- To be continued….